Saturday, November 28, 2009

FIRST Night away from my BABIES

I SURVIVED
Actually, I had a lot of fun, and though I missed the girls A LOT, I knew they were in excellent hands with Sharon and Stephanie. I did not even call, but sent a text after their bed time to make sure they were down OK.

Where was I?

My husband is in the Executive for the Teachers Union and they had meetings and a Christmas social last night. It was a lovely time and a wonderful dinner and socializing. The night ended with a Yankee Gift Swap, and my husband and I were very happy with our gifts of ITunes gift cards, and were happy that our SCENTSY products were well enjoyed, though I do not think someone enjoyed having their bottle of scotch taken away for some Scentsy products, but his wife was happy about it!

All in all it was a wonderful night and a great chance for my husband and I to spend some much needed alone time. This also was a trial run to see if I might be able to survive 36 hours instead of 24 hour so we can go away for a night to Halifax over the Christmas holidays to get away, as well as see AVATAR in IMAX.

So who knows what will happen, but I now understand those mothers who had a very hard time leaving their children for a night. Really though, it is not that I thought they would have a super hard time with it! Let's face it for most of us, it is because we mothers have the hard time with it.

How did your first night away from your baby/babies go???

6 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

My first night away from Ethan was harder than my first night away from Karington...maybe I was used to it the second time round. When we went to Vegas I think we were so happy to get to spend some time together alone that we weren't too concerned...called everyday but were happy for a bit of a break!

Mel McDonald said...

I did pretty well I think. Mostly I was afraid he would have a hard time waking up in some one else's house when I wasn't there. I never had a problem leaving him to babysat though.

Kristi Drennan said...

I did okay but Isaiah I guess cried the whole time. And he was home with Matt. We don't have that problem at all now with me at work. He really likes Matt a lot more because they have so much in common. I swear the kid would push me out the door if he could. Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

My first night we went out and left Marley was terrible. Haven't done it again since. Hunter always does well. I think it is harder on me to leave them then it is for them to be left. Glad you were able to get out and have some fun!

Precia said...

Umm night away? Still haven't done that. I'm a psycho about leaving.

Deborah said...

I haven't been away for a night yet. I wish I had an excuse for Josh & I to go away for a night, though! I do remember the first time I left Abbi just for the evening, though. I ended up thinking about her and worrying about her the whole time. But now it's much easier!