I have been going through option after option in my head trying to make sense of everything and trying to predict the future (which I have determined is really hard by the way)!
Do I go back to work, do I stay home, so I go back to work, do I quit??? Over and over again at least every hour I run the scenarios through my head until the all get jumbled up together and I have to start all over again the next hour.
First off I have to say that I have applied for an extended leave, and that was denied due to man power requirements. I have also had a request in for part time since before I went out on Maternity leave, that too is not going to happen for a while. SO I have done everything before I return to work to allow myself to not go back to work right away for full time.
For those of you who are followers of my blog and not from my immediate area of Eastern Canada, day care here for TWO one years olds is around 125/175 per week PER CHILD! So my husband and I could look forward to paying between 1000/1400 for child care per month. The day cares closest to us in Millidgeville are all 175/week per child and it goes down as the children get older...
Now before any of you jump at me, I realize there are many women out there who work and pay day care for multiple children and I tip my hat to those of you who do.
Here are my options in my head.... PICK ONE for me.. I'd like to say that which ever one gets the most votes is what I am going to pick, but lets face it I fear I am going to make the decision on the 22nd of March after my first day back at work.
Here are my options
1. QUIT work - simple sounding isn't it? It really isn't! After 13 years with the same company of Air Canada I have grown accustom to traveling for next to nothing and having a regular pay cheque and a social life revolving around my work friends. A great pension I have been paying into and wonderful benefits system (though my husband has a great one too so that is not as important)
2. Go BACK to WORK
a. Go back to work full time and work my rotating schedule of days/afternoons/evenings/nights and have the babies full time at day care and I will get to see them some days and some not.
b. Go back to work full time and work all evenings and not have pay for day care as my husband can be home from his teaching job at 4pm and I can go into work at 4pm (It is up the street) and work until midnight and take care of the girls during the day and see my husband on the weekends (when I have them off) but Remember ZERO day care costs...
c. Go back to work for a few months until my husband is off for the summer and then quit and have the summer off with him and the girls and worry about tomorrow - tomorrow??
3. Quit right now and take two children into my own home as their daycare and make up most of the difference from my pay cheque verses the cost of day care! (note would not have summer off with husband and babies)
4. Quit right now... do nothing until September and take a couple kids in at that point!!
5. Quit (I see a theme) and apply at the new Costco to work part time (assuming I would get hired)
6. Finally the last option... Go back to work... try it out and if I hate it.. QUIT and figure it out at that point...
Do you SEE why I am so confused..???
My husband is supportive of whatever I choose to do. Honestly he does not want me to go back to work but sees the financial benefit of doing so. I do not need to work at Air Canada, but I do need to do something to bring in some money each month to help pay my student loans (yeah still) and pay down our overall debt load.
HELP PLEASE! (I also take suggestions)