Thursday, March 18, 2010

Guilt - Oh Guilt

Top 10 things I feel guilty about these days

1.  Going back to work Monday - even if for a short time

2.  Not getting to church as often as I should because the twins nap time is right during the first meeting and our day is turned upside down if they don't get that nap, and they don't nap on us.

3.  Not keeping the house as tidy and clean as it should be seeing how I am home all day

4.  Not feeling/looking what I wanted to look 1 year post baby!

5.  Not making dinner every night for my husband

6.  Not being more grateful for everything I do have and wanting what I don't have!

7.  Sometimes envying mothers who just have one baby at a time..  (I know odd but it would be easier to get out more often)

8.  Not exercising more

9.  Some days not even getting out of my pjs

10. Wishing I could get away from my life for a good week..

I KNOW I should not feel so guilty - and I KNOW people are going to say that comes with motherhood, but still... It really can get me down from time to time...but I am trying!!  Who knows how long I will last at work, and I KNOW (or HOPE) eventually I will get back into my favourite jeans, and my life will eventually get easier..
Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the life that I have, I think I just need a break, and realize I am not going to get it anytime soon (just like most moms)

4 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

oh I'm sorry you feel so guilty....hope you feel better soon. I can only imagine how stressful it is to have two babies at the same time ALL the time.

Kristi Drennan said...

I can't give much advice. I feel the EXACT same way. And you have it times two. Guess we just have to take it one day at a time. But maybe do something special for yourself. Go get a massage, hair done, nails...something. Something like that can kick your spirits up. AND it's that time of year...we're just about to hit warm weather...we always feel better when the weather is nice.

Kellie said...

I'm with you Jenny... it seems like there's always something more we could be doing. But today is today & tomorrow will be a new chance to be better than we were today. And I think that's what it's all about... practicing a little every day to be the people Heavenly Father wants us to be... some days we just get a little more practice than on others :)

p.s. I read your other blog...I'm just the WORST at leaving comments... one of the many things I feel guilty for :) Take care!

Deborah said...

It's hard not to feel guilty about so many things. I know I'm guilty of most of the things on your list, plus probably another 10 more! I think it's something that comes with motherhood - and somehow, we need to learn to let go of the guilt!