Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two Weeks Notice

So after a lot of anxiety and a lot of talking everything over in my head and with my husband, over and over and over and over and over again, I have FINALLY made my decision -
Drum Roll Please!

I am giving my Two Weeks Notice tomorrow!

I did NOT come to this decision lightly, and it has proved to be one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make.  Many tears were shed, plenty of realizations and a lot of grey hairs will soon follow.

I really have been flipping back and forth for months trying to decide if I should after 13 years quit a job which provided us with a little extra cushion and great flying benefits not to mention other things.  I finally realized that the fear in my decision was NOT about Money, but about Independence!  I have had a job since I was in high school, just about always had a job minus some of my schooling, so I have been mostly able to take care of myself!  Quitting my job was going to mean I was going to have to rely on someone else to take care of me - Not an easy step to take!

Even after I decided in my head that I was going to quit!  It wasn't until I prayed about my decision that I FINALLY felt at PEACE with it and KNEW it was the right decision.  There is life after Air Canada (so I am told) and my life is about to get so unfamiliar emotionally in so many ways, but here is to Quitting a job I did not hate, saying goodbye to people I have grown to love, saying goodbye to people I never cared for and realizing how many of my friends are jealous I finally made the decision.

So thank you work for all the amazing experiences traveling around the world you have provided for me, and Thank you to my little twins for all the experiences I am about to have with you that Money will never be able to buy!!

(PS  Thank you all ladies (and gents) for your sound advise and support, and if any of you need Airline questions answered and help with tickets for Air Canada, you only have two weeks left!!)

9 comments:

Serena said...

Thank you for the wonderful comments over on my blog!

Your little darlings are adorable ♥ and congrats about giving your notice!!! We totally feel the same way about babies vs. money, we were able to work it out so I would go back PT and my little guy wouldn't have to be in daycare, but if it came down to him being in daycare I was prepared to quit my job! no way anyone else would be raising him but us :)

Anyways about the art.. I do have an etsy shop! its been pretty picked clean right now but im always doing new pieces for it. http://www.heavensearth.etsy.com

Have a beautiful day!
Serena

Laura Dunford said...

CONGRATS! Your babies will be better ladies for it =)

Laura Dunford said...

CONGRATS! Your babies will be better ladies for it =)

Kellie said...

Good choice, but it sounds like it was difficult to get to that decision. I know you'll be happy being with them ... someday I'll be able to do that, hopefully! :)

The Full Nelson said...

It does sound like a difficult choice, but will so be worth it! Glad that you're at peace with the decision too, makes it a bit easier

Kristi Drennan said...

Congratulations! And enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!

Mel McDonald said...

Congratulations, first for making a decision and second for feeling peace about it. That's the most important part of making such a huge change!

Nicole W. said...

Jenny May,
all I can say is that you will NEVER regret this decision and that's a pretty great feeling.
I love you!
xo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.