Friday, May 28, 2010

Attempted Photoshoot

I have come to the conclusion that trying to get my twins to sit still for a "twin" photo shoot is almost impossible. They will sit still and smile for the camera if it is just one of them, but try to put the two of them together - IMPOSSIBLE! Today was beautiful out, but with a slightly cool breeze off the ocean and some cloud coverage. So I thought maybe I would try my hand at getting a few new photos of the girls. The sweet little dresses I put on them for the photos were ones we got at Christmas time for them (I could not resist them) and they have only really worn them a handful of times and figured they were going to be too small for them before the cooler weather rolls around again.

So here is my feeble attempt at taking photos of my girls. Please note and remember, I am NOT a photographer... Though I love my camera, I really do not know how to use it! There are so many functions on it, and I would love to learn how to be a much better photographer, or one at all, but for now... I want to keep capturing my ever growing girls. One of these days we will get a professional to take some photos for an updated wall photo!

Please forgive me because there are a lot of photos.. There was a run of photos I just had to post!

As a side note, we rarely dress them the same and when we do, we always try to have something unique on each one of them.  It is not hard to pick out which one Ruby is in these photos... Her little red shoes are going to be something I think she will always have!

PS for anyone who does not know (and it took me a while to figure out) you can click on the picture to make it bigger... I know - I was probably the last person in the blogging world to figure that out!











Now Charlotte was more than happy to be in the cute rocking chair (which happened to be my husbands when he was little) but wait until Ruby was the one in the chair!!






Ruby trying to get her to leave the chair alone!






Charlotte deciding she was getting up in the chair regardless if Ruby was still in it!

My girls are so much fun and though they always keep me busy, they always keep me happy!

10 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Charlotte reminds me of Cooper......he won't take no for an answer......if he wants it he will get it......love the red shoes. So cute!!! What kind of camera do you have?? It takes nice pictures......I'm still trying to perfect mine.....

Jenny May McKim said...

I have a Canon PowerShot Pro1
I helped out an old friend with flight arrangements all the time from Ottawa and he owns a 3D movie stuff thingie.. anyway he works on movies doing 3D stuff and he had this laying around not using it anymore and sent it my way as a thank you..
I have the books and stuff.. but just have not taken the time!
Thanks Though.. I am trying!

Unknown said...

This "photo shoot" is amazing. It's so hard to get the perfect shot when two are in it. I know- Aidan and Adisyn have harldly ever had a good photo together. They're always trying to cover each others eyes or something. Kids are great though. Chaotic but great.
♥Jess
p.s. new follower from Mom Bloggers Club☺

The Full Nelson said...

cute!!

seven thirty three said...

These pictures make me laugh! Gotta love 'em. ;)

Nancy Face said...

Your girls are so precious! :)

I love the pictures you posted! They are so clear and bright, and the color is wonderful! They're hilarious, too! You did a GREAT job on the photography! :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great pics, I love their dresses! :-)

Karen Ziemkowski said...

Your girls are super cute, and as a professional photographer, I'll tell you that I think you did a great job trying your hand at taking photos of your kids. Little ones are difficult to photograph, especially 2 together! You really captured some great emotions and told a story with your images. Awesome job!

I found your blog on MBC, following your posts now! :)

Liz said...

Lol, these pics crack me up! Love your perspective, you are so blessed! Thanks for the follow, can't wait to read more :)

Deborah said...

Brave woman! I can imagine how hard it was to photograph these two together! I LOVE the dresses.