Sunday, May 23, 2010

Multiples and more Question of the week






The Question of the week is
"What is the craziest thing someone has ever said to you about your multiples and how did you respond?"


I asked my husband what he thought about this and the things he has been asked as well and boy do we have a few.. I can refer you to a few of my previous posts about annoying things people have said and done, and I can refer to the stupid thoughtless things people have said, but I think the craziest it has ever
gotten with the twins is one day while in Walmart (and I noticed as I read some others that they took place in Walmart!) the girls were tired, but I had some things  I needed to do, and they normally go to sleep without much fussing, but today they were fighting it! Ruby was already asleep and Charlotte was giving it a good attempt to get me to pick her up and snuggle!  Most of us multiple moms know that it really is hard to hold a baby and push a double stroller, let alone setting a precedence for them to know crying gets me to pick them up.  So she cried, not long it was maybe two minutes into her crying and this woman comes over and starts to try to pick up Charlotte from her stroller.. 


PICK HER UP!


I abruptly asked the woman what she thought she was doing, and she responded with
"If you are just going to ignore your child, than someone needs to pick her up"...


I just about lost it!
Seriously, there could have been a little brawl in the baby food aisle of Walmart!  I told her (and I still can't believe I did) that if she went near my child again I would call security on her!  Who does she think she is trying to pick up some strangers baby without asking and without warning!  I asked her if she had any children, she said YES - 5!  I asked her if her babies ever cried - she said YES.. I asked her if they ever died from crying... Yes, I really did! Then I put down what I was doing and left before I wanted to run her over with my beautiful massive double stroller that I deeply "heart"!


On a side note.. the comment that normally made me fume the most was the constant question of "Are they your first?"  When I would answer yes, people would always, always say... "Well thats good.. at least that way it is EASY (though sometimes they would say easier)  because you don't know what it is like to have just one"!


To you parents of triplets or more... My hat goes off to you... 



6 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! You are a very strong woman for not pummeling her. What is wrong with people? I thought it was bad when a strange woman approached me in the store and asked if she could hold one (of course the answer was no). But at least she asked!
Also, you are definitely correct. Walmart is the epicenter for stupid comments.

Amanda said...

Ooooooooh my goodness! I cannot believe that happened!

Safire said...

Woooww...I'd be so mad! Good for you for keeping your head, even though she didn't!

The Full Nelson said...

wow some people are so rude! I think i would have started to cry!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

Seriously, I think I would have taken her head off. I can understand someone asking you (Although it's never happened to me!) if you needed help -- taking a stranger's child out of a stroller is beyond crazy!

Unknown said...

My hat goes off to you for not slapping that woman. I would have been as mad as you were and possibly would have run her over. I also have a massive double stroller (although my kids are 1 and 3) but people all over the world think they have the right to get into other people's business and they don't understand they are being absolutely rude...

You did what you thought was right (I mean HOW can you pick up a baby and push a stoller) You CAN'T...
♥Jess