Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We are Sewing... daily sewing..

Well maybe I am not daily sewing, but I wish I had the time to daily sew. I will admit that I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy sewing and I have made more baby blankets and burp cloths than I can count. I have made wool pants from old sweaters for the girls over their cloth diapers, but really I have not made any clothes for the girls... until NOW!

I found this do it yourself over at PRUDENT BABY BLOG (which I love and honestly has something for anyone to be able to do) and I decided that if I could actually do it, I could make the twins some cute dresses that would not cost a lot and I might not care if they destroyed. I went to fabricville yesterday and purchased some really cute material and then some more on super sale material which will make cute dresses for playing around outside.

So, here is my first finished product! I have the same material in red to make Ruby's dress but I have not finished it yet. The girls are sleeping (hence being able to sew and blog) so I will try it on her after and hope it fits.

What have you sewn lately (and send me the links if it is online... I love looking at new patterns!)????

5 comments:

Kris said...

That is so adorable! I have never attempted to sew anything, but do have interest in trying. I will check out the blog you found the pattern on.

Erin said...

Thanks for the tip on the blog! I checked it out and it has all kinds of things I would love to try! I love the little dress too... I am sure your girls will look adorable!

Deborah said...

So cute!! I have a sewing machine, I guess i should dust it off and learn how to use it!

Let the party begin... said...

That is sooooo adorable...I have a sewing machine but the dust on it is so thick, lol!

Laine said...

That is so adorable! I have got to get a sewing machine, do you have any recommendations?

Your little girls are just adorable!

Laine
www.crispymom.com